Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something. Please check out our disclosure policy for more details.
Work from home entry level jobs are one of the best ways to start earning money at home. Even without a lot of job experience, it is possible to get a job and start gaining experience. If you find yourself looking for a job that let’s you work from home, but you lack work history or skills, these may be your way of getting started.
Popularity of Entry Level Jobs
Last September I wrote a post about entry level jobs; it’s become one the most popular posts on this website. That showed me a lot of readers are looking for this type of job resources. I decided to expand my research beyond those first 24 jobs listed in the prior post to create a larger list of entry level jobs. But, before you start looking at job opportunities, let’s review some tips that can help you in your job hunt.
Job Hunting Tips
I know you’re probably in a hurry to start job hunting. Therefore, I’ll try to keep this short and to the point.
- Stay organized by saving your job leads in one place. Bookmark the website in a bookmark folder, write them down in a notebook, or create a document or spreadsheet on your computer. My favorite is the last because it lets me also make notes like when I applied.
- Stay diligent in the job hunt. Set time aside each day to look over job sites, submit applications or resumes, and follow up with any additional stages the company may ask for.
- Many companies hire sporadically or seasonally. If you find a company you’d really like to work for, keep a reminder to go back to check for updated job opportunities.
- Always read and reread your application to spot errors. Share any relevant work or volunteer experience to show you’re a good job candidate. These can help them to see that even though you don’t have a lot experience, you are serious and have a good work ethic.
- Consider having multiple part time jobs, instead of one full time. Many work from home jobs are part time. Therefore, you may want to find more than one. By having more than one, you ensure that if one doesn’t work out long term, you still have some other work to keep you earning. Also, it lets you experiment in finding what kind work you enjoy the most or lets you earn the most.
Work from Home Entry Level Jobs List
Entry Level Phone Jobs
- 1-800-Flowers –Work at home customer service representatives. It is usually seasonal positions. Hiring done by Sutherland Global.
- Accolade Support – Customer service and tech support. They provide virtual training and do not require past customer services experience. They do prefer you have some skills.
- AKS – Hire entry level work at home workers to call past donors about donating clothing and household items.
- Call Center QA – Mystery shoppers to evaluating businesses by phone.
- Intelichek – Mystery shoppers to work from home calling companies for price quotes.
- LiveOps – Call center agents to handle customer calls. Online training is provided.
- MaritzCX – Research interviewing. Filter job list for “virtual” in the options to the left side of the page. )
- NexRep – Inbound and outbound calls covering sales, technical support, and customer service. Some skills are preferred depending on the position. They provide training, too.
- Perception Strategies – Health mystery shopping making calls or in person.
- Pleio – Work at home agents to help customers get into a good routine of taking their medications.
- Sitel – A virtual call center company. They hire for several work at home positions,
- Sykes –Work from home customer service positions. There are some assessments.
- U-Haul –Customer service and sales.
- Ver-a-Fast – Work at home agents to help customers with newspaper subscriptions.
- Westat – occasionally hires employees to work at data collectors. Training is provided.
- Working Solutions – regularly hires for several at home positions including customer services, healthcare, and travel & hospitality.
- More phone type jobs here: 50+ Work from Home Call Center Jobs.
Entry Level Data Entry & Task Jobs
- Amazon Mturk – Get paid to complete various tasks such as data entry, writing, surveys, etc.
- Clickworker – Entry level work from job completing various tasks like writing, translation, date categorization, etc.
- Microworkers – Complete tasks, including data entry, for pay.
- One Space – once known as CrowdSource, hire micro worker to complete various tasks. (Non-phone Job)
- Smart Crowd – Also known at Lion Bridge and Virtual Bee. Not steady work but make some extra money. Data entry work.
- Smart Locating – data entry workers help people find apartments by gathering data on apartments.
- SigTrack – data entry. Seasonal.
- More data entry jobs here: 15+ Data Entry Jobs from Home.
Entry Level Moderation
- Crisp Thinking – freelance moderation for various clients in different industries.
- LiveWorld – Moderate for big-name companies worldwide. If you’re bilingual, that’s a plus.
- ModSquad – No experience needed except being familiar in using social media, chat, and forums.
Entry Level Search Engine Evaluator
- Appen – looks for tech savvy home agents to perform tasks such as web search evaluations, crowd sourcing, and more.
- Leapforce – hires work from home independent contractors to evaluate the web. They are looking for internet savvy workers.
- Lionbridge – search engine evaluation or social media assessment. Check the career page for job opening in these areas.
- iSoftStone – Evaluating ads or doing search engine analysis. Must be able to pass some practice tests.
Entry Level Teaching & Tutor Jobs
- italki – Language teacher/tutor using video & Skype.
- SameSpeak – teaching English as a tutor. High speed broadband, microphone to use Skype. Pay is $10 per 30 min. session.
- Tutor.com – Hires college students and industry professionals (in addition to teachers and professors) for various subjects of tutoring.
Entry Level Transcription Jobs
The only requirement for most of these is an ability to type accurately and have good grammar skills. Additionally, some want you to type fast such as 75 wpm. Others ask for at least 40 wpm making there a place to start regardless of your typing skill.
- Accutran Global
- 3Play Media
- Birch Creek Communications
- GMR Transcription
- Neal R. Gross
- RNK Transcription
- Transcribe Team
- Transcription Divas
- Transcriptions & Translations
- Verbal Ink
- More here: Work at Home Transcription Jobs
Entry Level Virtual Assisting Jobs
- Fancy Hands –A virtual assisting company hiring people to complete small tasks for clients. Some of the tasks I’ve seen include searching for a hotel, making reservations, and doing research. (Partial Phone Job)
- Vicky Virtual – Work involves handling phone calls for businesses as their receptionist. Must type 50 wpm or higher.
- Here’s more information about virtual assisting: How to a Start Virtual Assistant Business from Home & 6 Proven Tracks to Virtual Assisting Business Success in 2017.
Entry Level Writing Jobs
- Blogmutt – Writing blog posts for various companies/clients.
- Content Divas – Writing content from 250-500 words. Must write samples to be reviewed. Additionally, they aren’t always hiring so keep checking.
- Crowd Content – Writing, editing, and community builder positions.
- Domainite – freelancing writing. Have a sample of your writing for submission with your application.
- Ezdia – Content writing for top brands. Must submit a resume and writing sample. Doesn’t mention any experience needed.
- Textbroker – Writing content requiring no experience. Requires a short writing sample.
- Learn more about starting a career in freelance writing: Freelance Writing – What You Need to Know & The BIG Roundup List of Websites That Pay You to Write.
Entry Level Misc. Jobs
- Deposition Services Inc. – Work at home transcription. No prior experience listed, but I assume they are looking for those with excellent listening and typing skills.
- Humantic – hires call reviewers to listen to recorded calls and categorize them.
- ICUC – Savvy about social media? ICUC hires content specialists and moderators.
- InteliiShop – hires proofreaders to look over mystery shopping reports.
- The Chat Shop – Live chat agent. Requires strong grammar skills and typing at 80+wpm.